Westbury Lodge is a great base from which to explore Shanklin and further afield. We are just moments from the cliff path which will take you down to the beach and on to Sandown,
Ventnor or further afield. An easy stroll to Shanklin “Old Village” is a must and offers thatched restaurants, inns, tea rooms
and gift shops. The famous wooded Shanklin Chine, when accessed from the Old Village, leads down to the island's longest “blue flag” beach,
ideal for swimming, sunbathing and water sport. A thriving theatre provides a wide variety of shows throughout the year.
Getting to us could not be easier!
- 12 miles from East Cowes – Red Funnel car terminal from Southampton
- 14 miles from West Cowes – Red Jet passenger ferry from Southampton
- 10 miles from Fishbourne – Wightlink car terminal from Portsmouth
- 7 miles from Ryde – Wightlink passenger catamaran from Portsmouth – train or bus to Shanklin
- 7 miles from Ryde – Hovertravel hover craft from Southsea – train or bus to Shanklin
- 20 miles from Yarmouth – Wightlink car terminal from Lymington
BY CAR: We are able to book your car ferry with either Red Funnel or Wightlink - usually saving you both money and unnecessary hassle. Please contact us by e-mail or phone and we will get back to you with prices.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT:There is a direct rail service from London Waterloo Station via Portsmouth to Ryde Pier Head. Catch the local train from Ryde direct to Shanklin. We are only a 5 minute walk from the train and bus station where you can catch buses all over the Island.
Click on the links at the bottom of this page for travel routes and times.
Use the controls on the left of the map to zoom in and out.
You can also drag the picture about with your mouse.